The vision of these institutes encompasses the creation of research centres of the highest caliber in which teaching and education in the basic sciences is integrated with state-of-the-art research. These Institutions offer undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the sciences in an intellectually vibrant atmosphere of research. The goals of these institutes, inter alia, are: -
- To perform quality research and impart quality education in the basic sciences.
- To attract and nurture high-quality academic faculty members.
- To create integrated Masters programmes in the sciences, to provide entry into research at a young age (students graduating from high schools). The Institutes also offer Ph.D. programmes for students with Bachelor’s or Master's degree in the sciences.
- To make possible a flexible, borderless curriculum in the sciences.
- To actively forge strong relationships with existing universities and colleges and network with laboratories and other institutions.
- To establish advanced Research Laboratories and Central facilities.